Someone in the above discussion said we do not need restructuring but national values. Do people buy national values from American supermarket. Naturally we acquire value from the structure you create. The old awkward structure created one national value which is corruption. That is the only shared value among Nigerians; it is not about party, religion, ethnic group; Unless we restructure, we cannot have values that align with the aspiration of people of different ethnic groups or religion. Come to think of it, how do you talk of national values in a country promoting two divergent and opposing ideologies and even going ahead to teach our primary 1 – 3 pupils values that will make them fanatics of religion. In one of the books being presented to teach Islamic religion, the content is to indoctrinate them that Jesus is not the son of God, that Muhammad was the last prophet and is superior to all the other prophets that came before him in spite of the fact that even the quo’ran did not say so. On the other hand, in the book presented for the teaching of Christian religion, the cardinal law of the Christian religion that Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin Mary and of Immaculate Conception, and that He is the saviour of the World, was deliberately omitted. Even if not omitted, how can you create national values from a people that have been fanatically indoctrinated. Some other persons said what is required is good governance. And I asked, do people buy good governance from the supermarkets. Is good governance a software or computer application. If good governance is the issue, what is happening to Buhari government that is the “holy of holies” made of and put together by people who are not “clueless”. Or are we going to continue to run in circles pursuing illusion.
Nigeria has no alternative than to restructure. We cannot patch a structure put together by the Military Governments that created institutions, Local Governments, State Governments and agencies designed to favour sections of the country against the other. We had a federal constitution that was fairly equitable and acceptable to everyone; we have a revenue sharing formula or resources management formula that was fair and production based as against the current consumption formula that is breeding corruption. We had a legislative arrangement that allowed components of the federation to do what they want to do without one “headmaster” insisting that it should not be done because others are not ready to do same. WE SHOULD STOP TELLING OURSELVES LIES THAT FEDERALISM MEANS EVERYONE MUST COME TO ABUJA EVERY MONTH TO SHARE MONEY. THAT FEDERALISM MEANS ABUJA MUST DO EVERYTHING, when you know it is not possible for one man to love two wives equally not to talk of 4 wives.
- Facts we did not know about Oyin Oshinkalu # she h...
- Facts you didn't know about Oyinade Oshinkalu ...
- Comment on Ada, the girl who featured in Kingtblakhoc sex video repents by plumpyj
- Comment on WAEC plans to release results 60 days after exam by William Peney
- Comment on In New Executive Order, Osinbajo Gives Tax Defaulters Nine Months to Pay Up by D a n g o t e-C e m e n t-
- Comment on If Not For Yahoo Boys, Who Else? by Chioma Okeke
- Comment on Quit notice: don’t go, Yerima, Arewa youths leader begs Igbo by Ezekiel Okeke
- Comment on Constitution amendment: Reps fix minimum age for presidential aspirants at 35 by Ade#
- Comment on Sultan of Sokoto’s daughter graduates from U.K university by al Amin
- BENEFITS OF MMM TO NIGERIAN SOCIETY . ( 1) MMM ha...
- Comment on Read Full Biography & Net Worth Of Lagos Big Boy ‘Hushpuppi’ by djtexzy
- Comment on NDDC Cancels 600 Contracts Worth N200bn by lord vuga
- Comment on The Pursuit of ‘True’ Federalism by William Norris
- Comment on Dangote Unveils Plan to Replicate Cement Revolution in Rice Production by lord vuga
- Comment on Veteran actor & broadcaster Adebayo Faleti dies at 86 by Lilo
- Comment on Amaechi’s God Complex by Israel Akor
- Comment on “Don’t judge anyone until you walk in their shoes” – Mercy Johnson Okojie to Uche Maduagwu by Ec
- Comment on Local Government Chairmanship Election Results in Lagos State by D a n g o t e-C e m e n t
- Comment on Lagos Asks Property Owners on Drainage Channels in Dolphin, Ikoyi to Vacate by D a n g o t e-C e m e n t
- Comment on Veteran actor & broadcaster Adebayo Faleti dies at 86 by Anonymous
Have your say now. Make a comment, or vote the comment